Coordination of all tasks in the area of the doctoral program of the Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research:
- Recruitment of new doctoral students worldwide
- Conception, planning and implementation of the doctoral program
- Conception, planning and implementation of a Master Fellowship Program
Organization of the entire CECAD support measures for doctoral students up to the supervision of junior research group leaders
- Organization of workshops and other support measures
- General contact person for CECAD junior researchers,
- Organization of procedures for funding calls
- Preparation and follow-up of meetings for the Career Development and Diversity Board
Coordination of the CECAD diversity program
- Supporting the LGBTQ+ network
- Implementation of equality measures, organization of "Mental Health First Aiders Training"
- Carrying out needs assessments, coordinating the range of services in the area of family support
Personnel management of an assistant position
- A Master's degree in natural or life sciences (preferably biology, biochemistry or biomedicine), experience in the promotion of young talent and diversity and a completed doctorate are an advantage
- An independent, autonomous and goal-oriented way of working as well as strong analytical skills
- Team spirit, flexibility and leadership skills
- Very good oral and written communication skills appropriate to the target group, whereby the usual target groups are faculty members, doctoral students and other junior researchers as well as external colleagues and partners
- High level of motivation and enjoyment of working successfully in a team
- Fluency in German and English is a prerequisite for the advertised position
- Confident handling of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of the German and international research landscape is desirable
- A diverse and opportunity-oriented work environment in an international research organization
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models, divisible full-time positions
- Extensive range of further training
- Offers within the framework of company health management
CECAD is an equal opportunity employer, offering attractive conditions and benefits commensurate with an international research organization with a very collegial and family-friendly work environment.
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 60 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 12,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
The Cluster of Excellence CECAD has set itself the task of gaining fundamental insights into the biology of ageing and age-associated diseases. An important aspect of the Cluster of Excellence is the promotion of young researchers, which is pursued on several levels. One focus here is on the structured graduate program, the Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research. In addition, the promotion of diversity is of particular importance.