- Genotype and optimization of protocols by PCR
- Manage supplies for in vivo work (e.g. special diets, sedatives, etc)
- Liaise with in-vivo facilities (e.g. coordinate imports, exports, bookings, etc)
- Virtual in-vivo stock maintenance
- Keep record of, and organize, ethical approvals so all the required information is easily available for the members of the lab
- The technician should have experience in PCR, ideally used in genotyping, and have a proficient knowledge in German language
- The job is distributed in experimental and managerial duties as indicated in the bullet point below. Hence, the applicant should be good at multitasking
- Varied and challenging work in a highly interesting and demanding environment
- Work in a highly motivated team
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Job ticket and very good transport connections
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 59 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 10,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
The Peltzer group aims at gaining a better understanding of the interplay between cell death and inflammation in chronic diseases and in cancer. The lab takes proud on the available ample array of sophisticated animal models. Dr. Peltzer is seeking for an enthusiastic part time technician to form part of a motivated and ever growing environment to manage the in-vivo work in the lab.
You can find more information here.