- Investigate the biology of small cell lung cancer using CRISPR screens and genetic and expression data from patients
- Identify novel therapeutic options using solid preclinical models, including organoid cultures and autochtohnous mice
- You have experience or interest in CRISPR screens, computational biology or preclinical testing
- You are a highly motivated scientist with a desire to make a difference
- You can communicate effectively in English and/or German
- You have the ability to independently drive research projects
- You hold a PhD or equivalent
- We offer a stimulating work environment, intensive mentoring and frequent interactions with global academic leaders
- The thriving scientific community in Cologne offers access to state-of-the-art facilities, including high performance computing, genomics, proteomics and imaging
- Your work will be supported by a part time technical assistant and a student assistant
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 59 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 10,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
Further information is available here.