- Our projects are centered on a functional understanding of molecular processes that drive initiation and progression of cancer and immune cell recognition
- We employ genomics and proteomics to capture the cellular networks that modulate these processes and we seek to validate any new finding in vitro and in vivo in various models
- A particular focus of our work is to combine computational biology as well as cell biology approaches with the goal of discovering new targets for cancer (immuno-) therapy
- We are looking for talented scientists driven by the desire to make a relevant contribution to the treatment of cancer patients through exciting scientific discoveries in the lab
- The ability to work independently is a must
- Successful candidates will have a strong background in basic molecular and cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, computational biology or similar areas
Please submit your application including a detailed CV, list of publications, two references and a brief statement of research interests.
- We offer a great work environment, intensive mentoring and several interactions with global leaders, both from academia and industry
- In addition, the highly collaborative research environment in Cologne provides us with access to state-of-the-art core facilities, including genomics, proteomics and imaging
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 59 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 10,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
Further information is available here.