Our handling of your data and your rights
Informations Articles 13, 14 of the Basic Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO)
we are pleased about your application and your interest in supporting the University Hospital Cologne AöR (hereinafter "University Hospital") in the future. During the application process, we process your personal data with the greatest possible care in accordance with the statutory provisions.
In the following, we would like to inform you about the processing of your personal data by us and the claims and rights you are entitled to according to the data protection regulations. This information will be updated as necessary and published on our homepage at www.uk-koeln.de.
- Who is responsible for data processing and whom can I contact?
University Hospital Cologne AöR
Kerpener Str. 62
Phone: +49 221 478 - 0
Fax:: +49 221 478 – 4095
Contact details of the data protection officer:
University Hospital AöR
Kerpener Str. 62
Phone: +49 221 478 - 30946
Fax: +49 221 478 - 88990
- what sources and data do we use?
We process personal data, which we receive from you in the context of the application process at
of the University Hospital. This includes the data from your application itself as well as
the data that you have sent us in the context of the contact form.
Specifically, we process the following data:
- personal data (e.g. name, title, address, date and place of birth, nationality, marital status)
- other contact details (e.g. e-mail address, telephone, fax),
- Occupation/training data (information on school and vocational training, higher education/university education, further education and training, qualifications, driving licences)
- Application photo
- Periods of notice
- Salary expectations
- Correspondence (e.g. correspondence with you, notes from interviews/phone calls)
- Certificate of good conduct
In addition, we also process special categories of personal data (Art. 9 para. 1 DSGVO), provided we are obliged to do so. This includes:
- if applicable, a degree of disability and existing markers
- for what purpose do we process your data (purpose of processing) and on what legal basis?
The purpose of the processing is to carry out the application procedure. The legal basis is Section 18 (1) sentence 1 of the Data Protection Act of North Rhine-Westphalia as a pre-contractual measure before the conclusion of a possible employment contract.
- Who receives my data?
We will not transfer your data to third parties without your consent. Within the University Hospital, your data will be passed on to those departments that require it for the application procedure or for the fulfilment of their respective tasks. This website is hosted by our service provider milch und zucker. In accordance with Art. 28 DSGVO we have concluded a contract for order processing with milch und zucker.
- How long will my data be stored?
We process and store your personal data for the duration of the application process. After completion of the application process, we will store your application data for another 3 months in the event of a negative hiring decision on our part. After 3 months, we will automatically delete your data without any necessary request from you. We will inform you separately about the processing of your data for and after the completion of your employment relationship.
In addition, we will store your personal data to the extent that you request us to do so, e.g. in order to be considered for future application procedures or to be able to assert our own legal claims or defend ourselves against legal claims of others (Art. 18 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO).
- Is data transferred to a third country or to an international organisation?
No data is transferred to third countries (countries outside the European Economic Area - EEA) or to international organisations.
- What data protection rights do I have?
You have the following rights against us if the respective legal requirements are met:
- Right to information (Art. 15 DSGVO, § 34 BDSG-New)
- Right of rectification (Art. 16 DSGVO)
- Right to deletion or "right to be forgotten" (Art. 17 DSGVO, § 35 BDSG-New)
- Right to restrict processing (Art. 18 DSGVO)
- Right to data transferability (Art. 20 DSGVO)
If the conditions set out in Art. 20 DSGVO are met, you can request the surrender of the personal data provided by you as part of the application procedure or your employment relationship or on the basis of consent, or its transfer to another responsible party (right to data transferability).
Furthermore, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU member state of your place of residence, your place of work or the place of the suspected infringement, if you believe that the processing of the data concerning you is in breach of the EU Basic Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO). The supervisory authority responsible for the University Hospital is the Data Protection Commissioner of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen, Kavalleriestraße 2-4, 40213 Düsseldorf). This does not affect any other administrative or judicial remedies to which you may be entitled.
- Is there an obligation for me to provide data?
Within the scope of your application, you only have to provide personal data that is necessary for the application process or that we are legally obliged to collect.
Without this data we will generally not be able to process your application.
- To what extent is there automated decision-making in individual cases?
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making in accordance with Art. 22 DSGVO to carry out your employment at the University Hospital. Should we use these procedures in individual cases, we will inform you of this separately if this is required by law.
- To what extent will my data be used for profile formation (scoring)?